Serving Central Florida since 1995
The Center for Multicultural Wellness & Prevention
We are that bridge to a healthy lifestyle
The Center for Multicultural Wellness and Prevention, Inc. is an agency that considers Prevention as its number one priority. We are and have been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation in our area and have taken prudent steps with regards to the safety and well-being of our staff and clients to reduce the risk of infection. We plan to adhere to all CDC and local mandates to help in mitigating the spread. We believe that social distancing and wearing Face mask are key measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Central Florida. We therefore are in support of face covering.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW BILLBOARD!
Providing Unsurpassed Services for over 25 Years
“Facilitating Access to Services in Central Florida”
20,000+ Free Health Screenings
Through our Annual Caribbean Health Summit (since 2002)
- 75% Uninsured and Underinsured
- 95% Satisfaction Exhibitors/Attendees
- 2,000+ Volunteers utilized since 2002
- 1,500 Community Partners
- 50+ Lives saved due to immediate referral to address abnormal issues
75% of Funding
Funding spent on Client Services
- 98% Customers Satisfied with services received
- Services delivered in 4 different languages (English, Spanish, Creole, & French)
- 80% of staff speaks 2 to 3 languages
- 500+ Yearly Unduplicated clients
- Services Provided in Seminole, Lake, Osceola and Orange Counties
Assisted since 1995
- 1,520 Moved into Permanent Housing
- 4.250 we Homeless and placed in Facility-Based Housing
- 90% were Families with women as head of household
- 60% were single women with 1 or more children
- 95% Client retention in all Housing programs
The Center for Multicultural Wellness and Prevention Inc. (CMWP) is a 501(c) 3 organization that offers non-clinical, culturally and linguistically sensitive outreach services that promote optimal emotional, mental and physical health to the diverse populations in Central Florida.
We have the capability and desire to not only understand the perspective of our clients; but we value them, love them and provide hope to them. We are that bridge to a healthy lifestyle.
The mission of CMWP is to enhance the health, wellness and quality of life for diverse populations in Central Florida.
CMWP envisions a Central Florida without health disparities and 100% access to health care (or health care for all Floridians).
CMWP was founded in 1995 to provide a variety of health education and outreach services to Orlando minority populations. CMWP is committed to addressing health disparities and remains in the forefront of health education among African Americans, Hispanics, Haitians and other minorities in Central Florida. CMWP is a well-known and established case management provider and has a long, successful track record of providing quality cost-effective programs and services targeting health disparities in Central Florida communities.
CMWP has a proven track record of working with minority populations. Programmatically, CMWP has experience in the delivery of health education and outreach in asthma, HIV/AIDS; cardiovascular disease; diabetes; colorectal, breast and cervical cancer; and sexually transmitted diseases.